How to Setup Google Analytics 4 GA4 – A Complete Guide
Setting up Google Analytics 4 (GA4) can be done in a few simple steps. Here is a complete guide on how to set up GA4:
- Create a GA4 property: a. Log in to your Google Analytics account and click on “Admin” in the bottom left-hand corner. b. Under the “Account” column, select the account you want to set up GA4 for. c. Click on the “Create Property” button and select “GA4” from the dropdown menu. d. Follow the prompts to complete the setup process.
- Add the GA4 tracking code to your website: a. In the Admin section, click on the “Data Streams” tab. b. Click on the “Web” option and enter the required information. c. Click on “Create stream” and follow the instructions to get the GA4 tracking code. d. Add the GA4 tracking code to your website.
- Set up events and parameters: a. Click on the “Events” tab in the left-hand menu. b. Click on “Create Event” and follow the prompts to set up your events and parameters. c. Once you have created your events and parameters, make sure to add them to your website’s code.
- Set up conversion tracking: a. Click on the “Conversions” tab in the left-hand menu. b. Click on “Create Conversion Event” and follow the prompts to set up your conversion tracking. c. Once you have created your conversion event, make sure to add it to your website’s code.
- Verify your setup: a. Once you have set up your GA4 property and added the tracking code to your website, you can verify that it is working correctly by checking the real-time reports in GA4. b. To check the real-time reports, click on “Realtime” in the left-hand menu and select “Overview.” c. Test your events and conversion tracking to make sure they are working correctly.
That’s it! You have now set up Google Analytics 4 and can start tracking your website’s performance.